barn cars PORTFOLIO
exterior and red
leatherette barn find
scale. As always, a
barns and abandoned
Speedster that has
idle (no pun
piece of the
to 220 to
I moved on
- Part of Buford's barn Cars Executive Series of models, a 1:18 1955 Porsche 356A Speedster with prototypical details. Faded hints of its
beige paint scheme and red leatherette interior give clues as to its magnificent factory origins. Also, this
model includes a base process that has taken several months to develop. By combining my own balanced combination of complex reactive mineral components specially ordered from Croatia, I'm able to produce the impression of natural rust with organic color variations. These components are meticulously applied to panel locations where the original finish would be vulnerable to decay. The process provides for unmatched beauty and an authentic appearance of which I am very proud of.
- A battered rough sawn oak a-frame board holds up a For Sale
- The entire interior has been modified with red leatherette. Each component was carefully painted to represent the real thing! It's truly a joy to see!
- One of my favorite accents; painstakingly precision-cut maple leaves, authentic in scale, are found on top of the vehicle as well as inside the cabin. Cut from real leaves, with roughly half dyed red and yellow for an autumn feel, these leaves feature natural "veins" and texture for a true-to-life appearance.
- The front trunk hood has been removed and may be rested against the model or inside the cabin. The engine block has been painted with various tones to replicate authentic engine components and is coated with gummy oil, also leaking out of the engine compartment and down the back. You can almost breathe in and smell that engine grime!
- An old rusty chain like the one you'd expect to be used to pull the prototypical vehicle from the barn is loosely wrapped around the front bumper and may be placed in the cabin, around the steering wheel etc.
- The 1956 California license plates, located on the front and rear of the vehicle, are made from photographs of authentic plates and are permanently fixed in place.
- Loads of clumpy hay strands can be found strategically placed throughout the vehicle including the interior.
- An oil-soaked "cardboard box," holding appropriately dated magazines; a French Ciné featuring Marilyn Monroe in all of her glory, a Life with adorable Audrey Hepburn on the cover, may be positioned in many aesthetically pleasing ways. You'll also find a handmade rusty mallet and wrench (yes, I made them by hand!) fastened in the box. An Esquire rests between the seats in the cab. All magazines match the year of the Porsche,
- Textured mud has been applied to the tires to replicate its years of settling into the earth in the confinement of the barn.
- The wheels have been painted in Porsche
beige and chipped to match the vehicle.
- As this is a true piece of art, 100% authentic and unique, it deserves a proper display case...and what a display case it is! The case has been modified as a barn front with vintage signage to add character (made from photographs of real signs) as well as a wagon wheel, crate and bag of potatoes. The base of the case has been coated with diorama media for sand.
to run the
you may be
asked if you
must do so
They are not
and will not
may take a